Speedy Surface Prep Towel works fast and
achieves professional results with the advanced polymerized
rubber technology, the next generation of surface preparation.
Speedy Surface Prep Towel quickly, easily and safely
removes paint over-spray, rail dust, brake dust, industrial
pollution and other bonded surface contaminants from the
surface of automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic.
Speedy Surface Prep Towel works great with your favorite
showroom prep or clay lubricant product. The Speedy Surface
Prep Towel is easily cleaned by simply rinsing off the
accumulated contaminants with water. If you drop the Speedy
Surface Prep Towel on the ground, no worries, just rinse the
towel with water and you're ready to keep using it. Plus,
the Speedy Surface Prep Towel does not require constant
shaping and reshaping. Measures 12" x 12"
Use only on clean, cool paint and out of direct sunlight.
- Best operation temperature range is 50°F to 99°F.
- Do not use on surfaces over 144°F otherwise the polymerized rubber surface will start to melt.
- Avoid using soap and water as a lubricant.
- Use only a VIP Spray Detailer or clay lubricant to attain the best results.
- Speedy Surface Prep Towel is not solvent resistant.
- After each use, simply rinse the Speedy Surface Prep Towel in warm water and ring out...no soap required.
How does Speedy Surface Prep Towel work?
Speedy Surface Prep Towel glides along the surface of your paint and grabs contaminants that protrude from the surface. The particle sticks to the Speedy Surface Prep Towel and is speedily removed from your vehicle. The surface being worked should always be wet with VIP Spray Detailer to prevent loose contaminants from scratching the surface.
What does Speedy Surface Prep Towel remove?
Your vehicle's surface is under constant assault from airborne pollutants. Brake dust, industrial fallout, acid rain deposits and rail dust can all adhere to your vehicle's surface. These contaminants often contain metal particulates, which accounts for the ease with which they penetrate the surface to attack the paint below. These contaminants then oxidize, and they allow rust to spread beneath the clear coat. Tiny orange spots today, total paint system failure tomorrow. Speedy Surface Prep Towel helps keep the paint healthy and vibrant by removing these contaminants.
Use the Speedy Surface Prep Towel and VIP Spray Detailer to clean your paint before applying wax or polish.
Waxes and paint sealants will adhere better to clean paint and the shine will be more uniform and vibrant.
How to use the Speedy Surface Prep Towel
*NOTE - Use ONLY on clean, cool paint and out of direct sunlight. Best operation temperature range is 50 – 99 degrees Fahrenheit. DO NOT work on surfaces over 144 degrees Fahrenheit. Avoid using soap and water as a lubricant. Use VIP Spray Detailer.
- 1. Thoroughly wash vehicle free of dust, sand and dirt.
- 2. With VIP Spray Detailer, spray a generous amount onto the surface you are working on AND on the rubber surface of the Speedy Surface Prep Towel.
- 3. Using light pressure, gently slide the Speedy Surface Prep Towel from side to side. When the Speedy Surface Prep Towel glides freely, the paint is clean.
- 4. Wipe off the residual lubricant with a SEPARATE microfiber towel. Rub your hand across the surface. It should be as smooth as glass. If not, repeat the process.
- 5. Continue these steps until you have completed the entire vehicle.
Wax Depot is not responsible for the misuse of this product or if the product is used in any other way than directed.
*NOTE – Speedy Surface Prep Towel does not remove oxidized paint or fill in blemishes. If your paint is mildly oxidized, clean the paint with Speedy Surface Prep Towel and then use VIP Swirl Away to remove the oxidized paint. If your paint is in good condition, proceed to waxing.
The medium grade Speedy Surface Prep Towel is used on vehicles that are heavily contaminated. If your vehicle is well maintained or clayed on a regular basis, we recommend the fine grade Speedy Surface Prep Towel.